Your current wireless network’s range and coverage may be significantly improved by using a WiFi range extender from Linksys. Therefore, the extender will allow you to have a consistent internet connection across your whole home. You must alter the Linksys extender login password in order to make the WiFi network that the Linksys device creates more secure. Learn to know about linksys password extender reset.
Most customers forget their new password quickly after they set it and resort to search engines like Google to figure out what to do. A common query is “how to do a Linksys password extender reset.”
If you count yourself among them, then you have miraculously stumbled across the correct topic. Here, we’ll explain how to change the password on your Linksys range extender. Please read on.
Linksys password reset
To change the password for the admin login on a Linksys extender, you must first restore the factory settings.
Changing the password on the extender and resetting the device to its factory settings are two separate actions, in their most basic form. And you must carry out both of them.
How to perform linksys extender factory default reset?
- The first thing you need to do is turn on the power to your Linksys WiFi range extender. Make sure that it is plugged in correctly and that it is receiving consistent power from the wall socket.
- To reset your extender, press and hold the Reset button on its control panel.
- Give the range extender some time to fully reboot.
- You may easily return your Linksys range extender to its original settings by following these steps. You may now use the factory default password to log in to your WiFi range extender. To make your extender’s network more secure, however, we suggest that you alter the administrative password that is set by default. This was covered before.
If you run into any problems when resetting the password for your Linksys router, don’t hesitate to troubleshoot the hacks given in the user manual.
How to change linksys extender password?
After you have finished resetting your Linksys extender password, follow the procedures that are provided below to change the admin default password for your Linksys extender:
- Put your Linksys extender in a region of your house that is always kept nice and tidy. It is preferable if you can position it in a location that is not close to anything that might cause interference, such as metal items, reflective surfaces, electrical equipment, and water sources.
- Start up your wireless range extender once you’re ready.
- Turn on your desktop or laptop computer.
- Open the web browser of your choosing. Check to ensure that the browser you’re using is running the most recent version.
- Enter the default administrative login web URL for your Linksys extender and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- You will then be brought to the window where you may log in.
- To continue, provide the user ID and the default password.
- In order to log in to your extender, press the OK button on your keyboard.
- Proceed at this time to the Administration section.
- In the area labelled “Extender Password,” type in the new password.
- Please re-enter the password for confirmation.
- Click the “Save” button when you are finished.
Kudos! You have changed the administrative password for your Linksys extender. Make sure that the new password has a mix of random letters, numbers, and unique symbols. For your information, if you want to change the password of your Linksys router, you need to access the Linksys router login page.
Our guide based on how you can reset your Linksys extender password and then later change it has ended here. Hope you liked reading it.