All of the lights on your Netgear Nighthawk extender indicate different things. If the wireless extender’s status light is green, everything seems to be operating OK. If the light is flashing red, there is an issue with the electricity coming into your device from the wall. If, however, the light is blinking orange, you can forget about getting any kind of WiFi signal despite setting up your device successfully using the mywifiext.net login credentials. But there’s nothing to be concerned about. There’s no reason we can’t assist you in finding the solution to the problem. Follow the steps given in this article to fix the Netgear extender orange light issue immediately.
[Resolved] Netgear Extender Orange Light Issue
Check the Internet Connection
To some extent, your shaky internet connection is to blame for the orange light on the Netgear extender. It is recommended that you verify your internet connection before pursuing further assistance.
You should contact your ISP right away if you believe the problem is from his end and ask him to solve it. If the problem is not from his end, check the Ethernet connection between the Netgear Nighthawk extender and the router.
We advise getting a new Ethernet cable if the one you’re using is old, frayed, or damaged in any way. Or, you can consider using a wireless source of connection instead.
Update Netgear Extender Firmware
You might also be facing the Netgear extender orange light issue because your device is running on an outdated firmware version. You may upgrade your Netgear extender’s firmware by using accessing the http://192.168.1.250 IP address. For more details, follow the steps mentioned here:
- Turn on the laptop or PC.
- Launch your web browser.
- To access your extender’s setup page, open a browser and go to the address bar.
- If you have an extender, you may log into its management interface from here.
- Respond with the standard login username and password.
- To sign in, click Log In.
- Select Wireless Settings > Maintenance > Firmware Update.
- If you want to proceed, just do what it says.
Verify now whether the Netgear extender orange light problem still exists. If that’s the case, try out the next quick fix.
Restart the Netgear Extender
Problems like the ones you’re experiencing might also be caused by technical glitches. No need to worry, however. Rebooting your extender will fix these issues. Here’s how:
- It’s time to cut the cord that connects your Netgear extender to your current router.
- Then, disconnect your extender from power and turn it off.
- Please hold on just a little while longer.
- Connect your extender to power and turn it back on.
- Oh, and make sure that your router and extender are connected.
If you need more details as to how to thoroughly go about this process, then it is recommended that you follow the steps given in the user manual.
Perform Factory Default Reset
If the Netgear extender orange light issue persists after trying the above solutions, resetting your device to factory settings is your best bet. Perhaps it will turn out well for you. Here is how you can reset your device:
- Find the extender’s Reset button and press it.
- When you find it, push it with an oil pin.
- Then wait until the device is reset to factory settings.
You should now reconfigure your Netgear wireless range extender.
One of the most prevalent problems seen by consumers nowadays is the Netgear extender orange light issue. For those of you, who are experiencing the same problem, relax; there is nothing to be alarmed about. You’ll be able to resolve the issue without a doubt if you follow the hacks given above.