A medical degree from a Chinese university is not a new trend. Pakistan’s neighbor is China. Many students who want to study medicine at a foreign university study MBBS in China. Admission to Pakistani private medical schools is currently difficult. In such cases, doing an MBBS course from abroad seems like the obvious choice. As a result, a huge number of medical students choose to pursue their MBBS abroad. China is one of the top MBBS destinations for Pakistani students. Each of China’s medical universities is a government-owned institution. This ensures that the infrastructure and facilities of Chinese medical universities are of the highest quality.
Medical education in China is less expensive than a medical education at various foreign colleges. With each passing year, an increasing number of students travel to China to complete their medical education at a low cost. Even though Chinese medical universities offer cheap medical education, the quality remains unrivaled. China has advanced medical education. It also includes research subjects.
The Cost of Study MBBS in China
A Study MBBS in China is less expensive than a medical education at various foreign colleges. With each passing year, an increasing number of students travel to China to complete their medical education at a low cost. Even though Chinese medical universities offer cheap medical education, the quality remains unrivaled. China has advanced medical education. It also includes research subjects.
Several factors contribute to China’s popularity as a medical school destination for students from other nations. The tuition is lower, and China offers scholarships to deserving foreign students. The fees for a 5-year degree begin at INR 2 lakhs. As a result, China is a very inexpensive option for many students to continue their abroad education.
Eligibility to Enter a Chinese Medical University:
A minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 12th grade is required.
When applying to a Chinese medical university, the student must be 17 years old by December 31st of that year.
Documents Required for Admission to a Chinese Medical University for an MBBS program:
- Copies of high school and intermediate diplomas
- Transcripts obtained from the student’s school
- A duplicate of the passport
- A duly completed physical examination record form
Curriculum for a Chinese MBBS:
Quality medical practices and discipline are hallmarks of education at Chinese medical universities. Following the nine semesters is a year of internship. Following that, the students are given the authority to deal with challenging medical issues.
- The degree program is broken into two portions. During the first four semesters, the student learns basic integrated learning knowledge of medical subjects.
- The next five semesters will be increasingly focused on clinical subjects. Let us look at some of the most essential themes covered in parts 1 and 2 of medical education at Chinese universities.
- Part 1 of the program includes studies in anatomy, physiology, microbiology, pharmacology, pathology, community medicine, and biochemistry. Part 2 often includes topics such as medicine, surgery, orthopedics, and pediatrics.
- Another advantage of studying medical education in China is the abundance of internship possibilities. The Chinese government ensures that even more medical students participate in internships.
MCI-Approved Chinese Medical Universities:
In the academic year 2003-04, a considerable number of Pakistani students began enrolling in Chinese medical universities. MCI established rules for Pakistani students to pursue their MBBS from norms in 2007-08. The MCI has accredited 30 Chinese medical universities at the time.
- At the same time, the eligibility requirements changed. Beginning in 2007-08, they were formally posted on the MCI website.
- Previously, a Pakistani student needed to have at least a 50% aggregate in physics, chemistry, and biology in class 12 to study MBBS in China. Similarly, students needed to apply to MCI for an eligibility certificate. This would serve as confirmation that the medical university is legitimate.
- From 2008 to 2016-17, Chinese Medical Universities increased the eligibility threshold for Pakistani students to 60% in PCB, up from 50% in PCB previously. They lifted the eligibility criteria to benefit international students.
- MCI launched the National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test (NEET) for all medical students in Pakistan in 2017-18. NEET became essential for all students planning to pursue medical education in 2018-19.
- According to the most recent MCI notice, NEET eligibility marks will now be valid for three years after they are declared.
Chinese Universities that offer an MBBS Program in English:
A study MBBS in China has always been taught in Chinese across China. The Ministry of Education of China (MoE) and the Chinese Government first allowed several universities to provide medical courses in English in 2004. This was a strategy to welcome even more overseas students to China to finish their MBBS degrees.
- By 2014-15, the Ministry of Education has officially authorized 45 Chinese medical universities to provide medical education in English to international students.
- If a student wishes to pursue an MBBS program in English at a Chinese university, he or she must apply only to these 45 institutions.
- An MBBS course in China is either English or Chinese medium. Clinical Integrative Medicine is another course available in English.
- Clinical Integrative Medicine instructs medical students on Western and Traditional Chinese medicine.
- This subject is currently taught in English at two universities. Both are MCI certified.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine University of Shanghai
Liaoning Traditional Chinese Medicine University
Fees for a Chinese MBBS Course:
A study MBBS in China is affordable, with numerous leading medical universities granting scholarships to deserving international students. The annual fees begin at INR 2 lakhs. This works up to INR 10 lakh for a 5-year MBBS education. When one considers the dorm cost and food expenses, the total net due expenses will be around INR 13,50,000.
- This makes an MBBS in China more inexpensive than an MBBS in a variety of other nations.
- Another advantage of studying medicine in China is that their degrees are accepted by all developed countries. After receiving one’s MBBS from China, one can practice medicine in almost any place.
- Climate conditions in China are also pleasant. International students are unlikely to have difficulty adjusting. Similarly, if one completes an internship in China, one is not obliged to repeat the process in Pakistan.
- Fees are typically different depending on the location of the medical university in China. Fees for institutions in larger cities such as Shanghai and Beijing are likely to be higher. The cost of living also varies.
- Similarly, universities that offer MBBS courses in English typically charge higher tuition than those that do not.
It is worthwhile to Study MBBS in China:
When a student chooses to study medicine in China, he is making the most essential financial and personal commitment to his future.
Some of the issues that may be weighing on a student’s mind include being the first in his family to study MBBS overseas or the financial outlay needed. However, a pupil must conquer such fears and set them aside. Visit more