Have you heard of Niva Bupa health insurance? Do you want to know how this health insurance plan can immensely benefit you, your spouse, children and even elderly parents? Well, in this complete guide to avail best Niva Bupa health insurance, you will get answers to these questions and more.
What is Niva Bupa Health Insurance?
Niva Bupa health insurance company was established in 2008 and was formerly known as Max Bupa health insurance in the Indian insurance world. By the 2021-22 financial year, Niva Bupa health insurance plans had become a 2,500 INR crore entity mainly due to the support offered by both Bupa and True North that ensured the insurance company had a firm grip on the Indian health insurance market. The main unique selling point of Niva Bupa health insurance is its innovative product offering that solely focuses on satisfying its customers’ medical and financial needs.
You can purchase an array of affordable medical insurance plans from Niva Bupa, including policies for you as an individual, for your family members and elderly parents or senior citizens. You also have policies designed for the specific health needs of parents, children, women, and even the self-employed members of society. In addition, the claim settlement process offered by Niva Bupa is simple, easy, seamless, and stress-free.
The settlement of claims is done directly with the company on a one-on-one basis rather than through third-party agents or other forms of proxies. Furthermore, Niva Bupa has an extensive network of designated clinics and hospitals with over 7,000 health facilities in all parts of India. It helps you get qualitative cashless medical treatment and in-patient hospitalisation no matter where you reside in India.
Niva Bupa also has several digital-based products, such as; “AnyTimeHealth (ATH) and “Health App” to help improve the overall health of its customers by encouraging healthy living practices.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance premium payments explained
The amount of premium payment you will be required to make yearly for your preferred Niva Bupa health insurance plan will significantly depend on the following:
- Your age: As an impending policyholder, your age matters a lot regarding the amount of premium you will be scheduled to pay. Purchasing a Niva Bupa medical insurance policy as a young adult will mean you pay less in terms of premiums. However, you pay more in premium amounts if you purchase a policy as an elderly customer because you will be prone to a greater number of age-related illnesses and, therefore, you are a greater insurance risk.
- Your BMI: Your Body Mass Index is also important when buying a Niva Bupa plan. If you have a high BMI, you are at a greater risk of suffering from diabetes or cardiovascular medical conditions, for example. Therefore you will be required to pay a higher premium than usual.
- Your insured sum: The sum of money you insure will determine the coverage you are allowed under your health insurance plan. The greater your insured sum is, the more your coverage and protection under your specific plan. And also the more premium you will be required to pay to keep your plan active.
- The number of persons covered: The premium paid for an individual plan will be less than that paid for a family health insurance policy. The more family members involved in the coverage and able to benefit from your Niva Bupa health insurance plan, the more premium you will have to pay.
- Add-on coverage: To accommodate add-ons, you will need to pay a higher premium to enjoy the health and financial benefits that the add-ons provide.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance Plans
Niva Bupa health insurance company is known to offer a large number of medical insurance plans, and some of the most popular plans include:
- Niva Bupa Health Premia Policy: This policy offers as much as 3,000 INR crore coverage for individual and family members. You can subscribe to one of three policies- Platinum, Gold or Silver. You have features like alternative treatments, organ transplant expenses, emergency ambulance expenses, in-patient hospitalisation, and many more covered under this policy.
- Niva Bupa Health Companion: This policy provides you and your family members financial protection against the cost of major medical treatments. You can subscribe to one of three options with an insured sum ranging from 3 INR Lakh to 1 INR crore. This policy also avails you of many benefits, such as; tax deductions, refill and No Claim Bonus benefits.
- Niva Bupa Corona Kavach Policy: This is a short-term health insurance policy plan designed to cater for any medical expenses incurred during your treatment of COVID-19. The options for the insured sum range from 50,000 INR to 5 INR Lakh, which is available in multiples of 50,000 INR. This policy is flexible, as it can be purchased for 9.5, 6.5 or 3.5 months, depending on your budgetary constraint and allows you to include coverage for two adults plus up to four children.
Other types of Niva Bupa medical insurance include “Niva Bupa Money Saver”, “Niva Bupa ReAssure”, “Niva Bupa Health Recharge”, “Niva Bupa Criticare”, and so on. Indeed, there is a Niva Bupa health insurance plan to suit your and your family’s medical and financial needs today.
Apart from that if you want to know about “Life insurance” then please visit our BUSINESS category